Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
So twice in the last few days I've connected my watch to a Bluetooth speaker and played music from the watch directly. The battery drain during this is as expected. The moment i stop playing and disconnect the speaker, the watch battery suddenly starts draining at 6% per 30 minutes, where as previously it would drain at 5% per hour with my normal usage.

I've had to reset and restore form a backup both times to resolve the issue. Anyone else seen this problem?

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
United States
The watch is directly streaming the music to the speaker. It's non-stop sending the data to the speaker. That uses much battery as the apple watch battery is tiny and wont last super long when you are constantly streaming through bluetooth like that.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
The watch is directly streaming the music to the speaker. It's non-stop sending the data to the speaker. That uses much battery as the apple watch battery is tiny and wont last super long when you are constantly streaming through bluetooth like that.
My problem is that battery drain continues, even after I've stopped playing music.

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2015
United States
My problem is that battery drain continues, even after I've stopped playing music.
Glances can cause battery drain. How many do you have? Which ones? Disable the ones you don't need or use. Also, turn airplane mode off for a few seconds then back ok as well maybe, might to something.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.