rapidweaver + adsense in styled text pages // blogs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Heart Break Kid, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Heart Break Kid macrumors 6502a

just need some help. I tried the rw forums but no one seems to want to answer my questions. any help would be greatly appreciated

How do I go about imbedding google ads inside blogs // styled text pages? It works fine when the ads are in the side bar, but what about when i want it in the actual page? i tried copying the code directly into the styled text page. that doesnt work. i tried copying the code, highliting it and selecting "ignore formatting" as suggested by the developer. that doesnt work either.

any ideas?

2. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Have you tried making a new page as an HTML page in RW instead of choosing styled text?

3. Heart Break Kid thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have, it works fine - but I was hoping I could do it in styled text pages because its really easy to format stuff without knowing extensive html

4. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Have you tried actually uploading the page to a web server and then testing it? I am able to insert HTML, Google ads included, directly into my styled text pages in RapidWeaver but they are not viewable until it hits a real server, much like the PHP Contact forms in RapidWeaver. One thing you might want to try is inserting a table into your Styled text page and placing the ad code in there, this might make it immediately viewable for you. The table can be invisible and only a single cell as below.

<table>
    <tr>
    <td>
    place your ad code here
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

Note the lack of any <html> tags, that's important. Seems to work fine for me.