Rapidweaver is now Intel-native (but I'm not)

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by GanChan, Nov 15, 2006.

1. GanChan macrumors 6502

I've been enjoying my new toy, Rapidweaver. But almost as soon as I started using it I received word that the latest update runs natively on Intel Macs. I don't have an Intel Mac, just PPC. Would I have any trouble running the new update, or should I stick to what I've got?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I see a Universal logo on Rapidweaver's page. It's very rare that you'll see an Intel-only update pushed to you.

http://www.apple.com/universal/

3. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

RapidWeaver 3.5.0 requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or newer.

umm iono but can u put a screen shot on the update page?

as far as i kno it works on both and there isnt a intel specific release

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's Universal. There are a FEW applications that are Intel only due to the architecture or the source code can't be compiled into a single Universal one.

5. GanChan thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems to be working OK. The only thing I still can't get Rapidweaver to do -- in any version -- is send email from the contact form properly. I've tried sending email from one of my email addresses to another, several times, and no dice. I set the email address correctly when I set up the contact form, so I don't know what else to check. If all else fails, I guess I'll just improvise a hyperlinked page....Anyone have any advice?

...Heh, I just hijacked my own thread... :D

6. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

But what's the point of developing in OS X when eventually you'll have to load up in windows somewhere to confirm it all works in IE?

Personally I develop in windows (Bootcamp), but if Rapidweaver could be a sure fire solution then maybe I'd give it a whirl.

7. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

Because OS X has the best web development tools available and the most standards-compliant browsers to test in. I prefer spending all my time developing in OS X and then debugging multiple versions of IE in parallels.

8. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Let's have a think.... :)

9. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Did you create those with Rapidweaver?

On and incidentally I'm not trying to be difficult I was just asking a question. I've never used anything other than notepad or text edit to completely hand code my sites.

10. GanChan thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I spoke too soon. Problems.

Here's the story. I've been using a very basic Yahoo-based website consisting of a few .htm files sitting on the top level of the file manager. (The Yahoo server prefers .htm to .html for some reason.) But now when I try to publish my new Rapidweaver site, one of 2 things happens:

1. If I don't indicate a site path, then the FTP program simply fails to upload the files.

2. If I name a site path, the FTP program uploads everything, but it's all stuck in a folder on the file manager. so if, for example, I named the site path "www," then I can only view the new pages by typing mydomainname.com/www/. I don't want to have to do that, but I can't seem to yank the files out of the stupid folder. So I can sort of put my new website up, but it lives in a subdirectory. Me no like. Hulk smash!

Seriously, am I just doing something dumb? Does Yahoo hate Rapidweaver? It doesn't seem to know what an .rw3 file is, that's for sure....