Rapper arrested at Heathrow

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Stella, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Rapper arrested at Heathrow

http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/articles/22449735?source=Evening Standard&ct=5

I am in no doubt that they will all ( minders included ) just get a 'slap on the wrist' and set free, until they cause problem elsewhere - including more deaths at their next "concert".

One law for the famous, another for the common person.

Its about time arseholes, such as these ( generally, Rappers have zero talent - including Snoop dogg ), get what they deserve - a lot time in jail.

2. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

Crikey! I read your thread title and thought "Here we go again - anti-terrorist police arrest someone for rapping weird words", read your link and it turned out to be ----- a bunch of yobs like that.

Only 6 arrests. Hope they all get locked up and then deported - if our Home Office minister can find them when they are released, which is another story.

3. Queso macrumors G4

Are you sure they weren't really trying to smash up Ronan Keating?

Sensible reaction when you think about it :D

4. iGav macrumors G3

5. calculus Guest

calculus

Yes where's 'collateral damage' when you really need it!

6. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Laughable. If that's so, let's see you give it a try... ice baby, ice ice baby.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Who cares....throw them in jail....snoop can't rap anyway.

Bless

9. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Thanks for the blanket generalization.

10. kasei macrumors 6502a

kasei

What a bunch of dumb asses. You don't travel internationally and act crazy, especially in Heathrow of all airports. Let's see them try and get out of jail now. I am sure Bush is rushing a representative to their aid. hahaha yeah right...

11. taytho macrumors 6502

snoop.... snoop a loop. Bring your green hat.

Why would someone think this was okay to do in an airport this day and age. No ticket..... no admission.

I mean i doubt that snoop is the smartest man in the world, but has been successful in many ways in his career..... this is just a dumb thing to do.

12. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Alternately, I take ALL this with a grain of salt, as I'm not 100% sure what happened because I wasn't there. Please don't forget English cops killed an man on the tube and it was quite a long time before the REAL story came out. Only a few people know what the REAL story is here.

13. Felldownthewell macrumors 65816

Felldownthewell

Last time I was in Heathrow I had a two MP5s pointed at me because my belt set off a metal detector...and I was 12...I can't belive they smashed up a store and only got arrested...

14. Stella thread starter macrumors 604

Stella

Its my personal opinion, I don't like Rap music, I consider it to be of no talent - a bit like Garage, rave, drum and base.

15. Stella thread starter macrumors 604

Stella

I can't believe their arrogance. They didn't ( all ) have first class tickets but yet expected to be allowed in the lounge!!!???

Then they start to trash the place and assault others.

A stiff stint in jail is called for - as would be the outcome for the common person.

16. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Throw em in jail.

They can't expect to get into the lounge without a ticket.

17. jamdr macrumors 6502a

jamdr

Just because you don't like rap, doesn't mean it takes no talent to be a rapper. There's a lot of music, art, theatre, etc. that I don't like but that hardly means there aren't a lot of talented artists out there. If you've ever tried to rap yourself, or know someone who can, you'd know that it takes a helluva lot of talent.

Snoop is a pretty talented rapper. You can't really argue with that. Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's bad. His rap is technically very well done.

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, it's true that some rappers are talented, but Snoop isn't one of them, unfortunately. I have his CDs, but I just listen to him because he's kind of funny. Hasn't made a decent CD since his first one, and that's only because you at least believed what he was saying.

And about Snoop getting thrown in jail.........his men are responsible for their own actions, so if they decided to go nuts on their own, I really don't think Snoop should get a massive penalty if he wasn't really involved. I'm not saying he wasn't, but if they look at video surveillance and realize he wasn't, then he should be let off easy.

And for "throwing people around", throwing bottles at people, etc.......I hope his men get years in jail. Unfortunately, they're probably all going to be released after Snoop pays a small fine, and it doesn't matter how many regular people these guys tried to assault. :rolleyes:

19. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Well if the music is of no talent ... :rolleyes:

20. Stella thread starter macrumors 604

Stella

Yes, I realise that, however, Its *my* opinion... IMO, rappers have no talent, and that includes Snoop. I'm glad you have a different opinion. The world would be boring if we were all the same. :)

21. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Yes, I never liked hip hop until I actually tried producing it. Its bloody tough (not the drums, thats the easy bit..) Oh, and its drum and 'bass' .. not 'base'. Its easy to see why you don't like certain genres of music, because you can't even spell them right ;)

22. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

this isn't exactly about the article posted... Snoop Dog and his group got jail time, which is entirely expected considering what they did.

but on the subject of rap, I personally feel that a lot of the big names in hip hop rap, such as snoop dog, aren't very good or fun to listen to, although I admit that even they have more talent than me... I could NEVER do any type of rap. However, I do think that rap can be really awesome. I mean, really it's just an extension of slam poetry, and for anyone who has gone to a poetry slam, you HAVE to know how awesome those are...

23. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Its all just a misunderstanding. Im he just felt like a fish out of water.

24. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Haha, yeah....

"This is how it goes down in LA."

"Really? I'......I'm terribly sorry gentlemen. I see this has been a big cultural misunderstanding. You're free to go." :rolleyes:

25. Stella thread starter macrumors 604

Stella

That quote sprang out at me too.. They bring the trouble on themselves and then cry about it... WTF do they expect?!!!