Rate plan coverage in Hawaii?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by steffi, Jul 19, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

So, I've got a fairly standard rate plan but I wanted to know what access I will have in Hawaii when I'm there and whether the data plan is covered or not or whether it's a form of roaming whilst I'm there.

2. macrumors 601

AT&T covers almost the entire state in 3G, aside from the water, of course. You will not be billed for roaming.

3. macrumors 68000

going to need to ask Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife beth on that one. sorry

4. macrumors 603

I know most of Oahu is covered pretty well. The Waianae side had spotty service though. Can't speak to the other islands.

5. macrumors member

I was in Oahu in late 2007 with my iPhone and coverage was great. There's no roaming charges if you're worried about that, it's part of US coverage. I had to stop myself from playing with it too much on vacation, also someone kept yelling at me to stop playing with my iPhone lol :rolleyes:

6. macrumors newbie

AT&T coverage in Hawaii

I live on Maui and the coverage is great. No problems at all and it's nearly all 3G..

7. macrumors regular

jmitch150

Awesome news, because I was worried that AT&T would charge me roaming if I wasn't in the continental US. I'm heading to Maui on the 11th of August, I can't wait!

8. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Pretty impressive 3G coverage on Kauai. My relatives were impressed with the AT&T coverage v. Sprint/Nextel....:cool::cool::cool:

9. macrumors 6502a

co.ag.2005

Anyone know how good the service is on the big island, specifically the Kona side? Thanks.