Rate Steve Jobs as your favorite hero...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by applelifestyle, Sep 27, 2003.

1. applelifestyle macrumors newbie

applelifestyle

Yesterday I was checking the rumors of the day and surfing eBay searching for nice Apple vintage stuff when I got this pop-up window (I know, I should have set Safari to block those suckers) but this was seemed interesting.

It said: Who is your favorite hero?
    (www.zuppa.com/buzz)

The answer came to me immediately, DADDY JOBS OF COURSE! javascript:smilie(':D')

So I went there and tried to find his name but it wasn´t. I was really surprised. javascript:smilie(':eek:')

Then I posted him for America´s favorite hero. Under the list of Professionals. I was a little unsure on which category should I place Steve´s name (javascript:smilie(':confused:')) and after several minutes of thinking decided to do it under the category of Entrepreneuria/Start up wich I consider describes Steve´s personality very well.

If anyone is interested in rating him, here is the url: www.xuppa.com/buzz/

Cheers,
    have fun.

2. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Have they taken it down? All I get when I click is a 404: Not Found message.

3. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

You're supposed to REGISTER with this lame site to vote?
    Shouldn't that be a clue that they just start these useless polls in order to get your info so they can spam you?

I mean, I don't know these folks, but the site looks pretty unimportant to me. Who would care about the results of these polls?

Looks like they're using people's desire to voice their opinions just to get their info.

4. acj macrumors 6502

5. applelifestyle thread starter macrumors newbie

applelifestyle

Well, you have to register here too...

Of course every internet company will ask for certain information to give access to their services. Personally, I don´t think that is wrong. MacRumors does and I don´t mind in giving them my info. I am sure it will be well kept.

If you are worried about your sensitive information, uncheck the option on the registration form where they offer to send you information. Just as any other site does.

Also, considering the new laws about spam mail, these "new irrelevant sites" (as one time Yahoo or Hotmail were irrelevant too) have to be very careful on how they handle personal information. These new laws will start to grow to protect everyone from spam.

Finally, you can always create a nice temp account on Bill´s MSN service to vote!!!

Internet is also for fun. Don´t put to many walls around you or you´ll never be free.

6. applelifestyle thread starter macrumors newbie

applelifestyle

By the way, this place is just another webmail site trying to get new users.

You can always sign up with them and post your comments using their own e-mail service so if they spam you, they are spamming themselves.

Everything in this world is just a matter of perspective.