Raven Shield No CD patch?

Discussion in 'Games' started by gorideyourbike, Apr 9, 2005.

1. gorideyourbike macrumors newbie

Hey,

I'm looking for a no cd patch/disc image for Tom Clancy's Rainbow six: raven shield. I've been hunting all over the place but can only find pc versions. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dom

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Seeing as you're new here, I'm going to cut you a little slack, but I would suggest reading the forum guidelines.

Discussing anything related to warez and crackz and such is prohibited on these forums. Those over at macserialjunkie (if it's still up) may be more sympathetic, but with an opening post like this, you are unlikely to make many friend around here, especially with mod types. Just a warning.

On a happier note, I welcome you to the forums and look forward to your contributions to our community as long as they fit within the fairly loose guidelines.

3. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

No CD Patch:

Place Raven Shield CD in drive.
    Open Disk Copy/Utility.
    'Create Image'
    Create Image of CD in your drive.
    :delay in time:
    Eject CD.
    Mount Image of said CD

'OMG I CAN PLAY THIS GAME WITH NO CD IN THE DRIVE, ALL I NEED IS A MOUNTED IMAGE!'

edit:
    because I like newbies so much here is a link to make your own mountable cd:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=97339

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

In the case that someone has their own CD to be imaged, it should be fine. It's only when they have downloaded a copy of the game instead of using their own, purchased copy that there really is a problem.

5. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

If you have legaly purchased the game, then making a disk image is okay. The problems surface if you are trying to get a disk image for a cracked games. The problem is though, disk images don't always work. But I've heard Toast is good, never used it. As for No-CD patches, those aren't legal, but if you've payed for the game, nobody is going to go out and get you. Most of the time.