RAW access by Aperture for Leica D-Lux 3 / Panaxonic LX2? Support this thread!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pit29, Dec 1, 2006.

1. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

Hi all,

is there any possibility to get RAW support for Aperture for Leica D-Lux 3 and Panasonic LX2 digital cameras? With the possibility to have plugins for Aperture, do we have to wait for an official Apple release, or are there some around in the internet?

And if not: please reply with just "me too" for all apple guys surveying this forum...

Thanks,

Pit

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Plugins are for export only. You cannot use them to provide support for new cameras, provide new adjustment tools, new screen layouts or anything else. Only export.

ALL Raw support is provided by the ImageIO framework which is part of the ApplicationServices framework. If the sensor on the camera is identical to the sensor on a supported camera you can hack the plist to alias the camera to a supported one but this will not work if the sensor is not the same as a supported camera.

Basically you have to wait for Apple.

3. thoor macrumors newbie

me too .... :(

I utterly agree with Pit. Lacking Raw-support for the arguably most creative compact digital cameras to date by the undoubtably smartest Raw-workflow application makes no sense. Not all creatives want to carry around their heavybulky SLR-equipment all the time .... so there is urgent need for support of the Panasonic-LX2 and the Leica-D-Lux-3!!!

Join in! Communicate this need as well to Apple, using of the Aperture forum!

As Adobe has proved... implementation of Raw-support of these cameras was possible within weeks after marketing .... what is the reason for the apple specific delay ?????

4. meowma macrumors newbie

Same Problem with Leica V-Lux 1

But I hear you can edit your plist file in your Library folder.

But you should be able to do this with your D-Lux 2, because I did it, following these instructions:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20061025124051903

Good luck, and let me know if anyone knows how to do this with the V-Lux 1, on the universal binary system of the mac pro intel computer. I can't seem to do the same trick on this system.