Ray Dream Designer / Studio Upgradeable...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pimentoLoaf, Aug 2, 2002.

1. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

... to Carrara Studio 2 until 7 August, that is. You can upgrade old Fractal Design & MetaCreations versions of Ray Dream Designer or Ray Dream Studio from Eovia.

I had a RD4 on my antique 6100/66, and I only had to pay $159 (+ 2nd day air) -- and the software doesn't check for the old versions, as you get the FULL package for MacOS X (or os9, in the same box).

The interface is quirky, like that of Bryce. But the manual is so easy to read compared to other programs you shouldn't have much difficulty.

Check it out.

2. daRAT macrumors regular

Yeah, been looking at Carrara since Meta* owned it. Still buggy I hear, not as bead as it was though.

I am not a fan of "Rooms" for different parts of the modeling, such as materials, modeling, etc.

Nothing wrong with Bryce UI, clean fast and everything is there. Poser is a alot like Bryce also.

3. pimentoLoaf thread starter macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Have worked through several chapters already and have yet to find any bugs. The product appears stable to me.

4. phil.sgi macrumors newbie

Ray Dream The Best 3d Sculptor

I have probleme with ray dream 5.5 on mac OSX, if someone have a solution.

5. mperkins37 macrumors 6502a

mperkins37

I have Carrara 6 Pro & It's awesome, It has bones, Hair, Displacement painting and many newer features. I started with Ray Dream 5.5, and upgraded to Eovia C2, C4 Pro, C5 Pro, and a few years ago, DAZ bought it and Hexagon and is adding many killer features. I know someone that is doing beta testing & WOW, it has some great things in the pipeline.