Rayman 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by neoelectronaut, Mar 1, 2005.

1. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Quick Question:

Anyone out there have Rayman 3 and an iMac G5?

How well does it run? I want the game quite a bit, but the demo ran like poop on my eMac here. I plan on adding it to my cart in a few months whenever I order my iMac G5 though.

2. applekid macrumors 68020

I'm sure the iMac G5 will be fine. My iMac G4 800 MHz and GeForce4MX got a little choppy where it's more annoying than unplayable in certain spots with the demo. A small step up to the GeForceFX 5200 is probably enough, and if there was any CPU bottlenecking, it'd be fine with the G5.

3. howard macrumors 68020

howard

if gamedb's requirements are correct it should run extremely well. but they do seem a little low. even if they are i think it would run really well

http://www.gamedb.com/ssps/0/1/01206

4. neoelectronaut thread starter macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Well, the demo ran pretty fine. It only got bad in the little "bonus" stages that are in the game. They're rather effects heavy.

And I've learned to totally not trust Minimum Requirements on Mac games. No One Lives Forever is listed as Powermac G3 350mhz or higher, 128MB Ram, and 8MB 3D Card. It runs like ass on both my computer and the iMac G5 I tried it on at CompUSA. Even on the lowest settings.

5. applekid macrumors 68020

NOLF and NOLF2 are quite buggy games. They were fine before Panther if I remember correctly.