Rayman's Raving Rabbids

Discussion in 'Games' started by pdpfilms, Feb 5, 2007.

1. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Howdy-
    I just bought RRR yesterday after reading all the great reviews. I love Wii Sports and was picturing it to be somewhat like that, but it's not... And I'm not sure if I'm liking it. Does anyone else here have it?

Some of the things that bug me are the way that if you're doing 'Score' mode, you have to essentially get a perfect score on the first accessible minigames to try the others. That's not so fun, especially when that's all the game is about- minigames. Also, It seems a little chunky... for instance, in playing Score mode, when you fail to get a high score in a minigame, you're presented with rayman doing a dance, a screen saying your score sucked, a third screen shinowg high scores, and finally the intro movie to the minigame. Couldn't they have just put a 'retry' button in? It sort of messes with the whole funness of it. Maybe I'm being picky, but I feel like this game has no flow.

2. ddrueckhammer macrumors 65816

ddrueckhammer

I agree 100%. The problem with Rayman is its flow. I played Wario Ware this past weekend and it is head-over-heals better IMO because it flows so well. I thought that having to run to the next minigame in the stadium also slowed down the game and having to read the description before the minigame to figure out what to do was bad too. In Wario Ware, you instantly know what to do when the minigame starts. The only problem with Wario Ware IMO is it needs to be 2-3 times longer and needs a better multiplayer mode.

3. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

My son finished that game - he is 6. Some of the challenges were hard for him, but he worked through it - I understand the appeal of the game to the kids - both of mine love it.

As far as the mini games in score mode - they open up as you complete each round of challenges from the story mode - you do not need a perfect score to open them - they unlock as you beat it in the arena challenge round - so it is in one's best interest to complete all 4 challenges versus just the 3 to get you to bunny hunt.