razer diamondback mouse/razerpro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by peas, Sep 21, 2006.

1. peas macrumors member

do any of you use a diamondback mouse with the razerpro v1.6 software?
    i looked at both of them and the specs and they seem to be exactly the same, sans the color scheme. im a huge gamer so i want to use my diamondback but want the macosx useability the razerpro offers.

i figure i could just dl the razerpro software/drivers and skip buying a new mouse. any problems you could forsee doing this?

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    I don't believe they are compatible. In fact I believe the drivers for the Pro state that they will not work with a diamond back.

At any rate, the Razer Pro mouse... IS AWESOME. I love mine. It owns any other mouse out there, hands down.

3. peas thread starter macrumors member

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Ah, nice find!

My suggestion, download the 1.6.5 drivers, and see if they work. If not, you can always unisntall them. I love this mouse and the propad. The scrolling and movement (especially with a cinema display) is SO noticeable in apps like photoshop, and even in games.

I hope that the drivers work for you. If so, that's 60 bucks you won't have to spend!

5. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I also have a Razer Pro Solutions and love it! And it goes way better with my Mac (colourwise) then the other Razer mices.

6. peas thread starter macrumors member

question for both of you..
    can you set macros?
    im trying to get button 6 on the mouse to be commandQ but when i try to enter the macro it will go command command, with up and down arrows after each command, and then q q, with up and down arrows again.

is there a trick to this?

7. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I have the same with button 5, that is my backspace, easy for going back on a page in a webbrowser, but it works! Also just configured button 6 for command Q, and this also works like a charm.

Attached Files:

8. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

You actually have to hold down the COMMAND button the ENTIRE time you put the Macro in. So hold down Command, press Q (while still holding down command) and then hit OK or ENTER or whatever to finalize it while still holding down command.

Also, if you plan on using any of the buttons for Expose or one of the F# keys, you have to disable them first in the appropriate pref pane, then go into the Razer prefpane, enter the command (F12, F10, whatever) and then reactive the key in its own pref pane.

9. JDN macrumors 6502a

Any chance of getting one of these BT wireless?! they are sweet!

10. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Nope, I didn't have to do this. just the normal command Q like you always do.

11. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I don't think you really understand what Razer stands for, do you? They make the most responsive and light mices, and you want a slow and heavy because it is wireless....Some people just don't get it :D

12. NightMare77 macrumors newbie

I don't have a mac, i have a coustom PC. I have had trouble tring to macro my diamondback and it doesn't work for me. Can u all help?