Razer/Logitech Gaming Mouse on ML

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by BuntaFujiwaraaa, Jan 20, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2012
    Hi guys, I'm intending to buy either a Razer / Logitech Gaming Mouse (high dpi mice) My new BTO iMac is coming soon and I'm intending to get a Razer or Logitech Mouse to use with it.

I'm just curious is anyone using high dpi gaming mouse on their Mountain Lion? Because apparently, I heard Mac is not really friendly with high dpi mice but so far my google searches have only found issues/articles that are at least 2years old.

Does OS X still have problems with gaming mice?

Thanks! Any help would be appreciated.
  2. macrumors 68030

May 27, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Those mice should be fine.
  3. macrumors 65816

Mar 13, 2012
  4. macrumors G3

Jul 23, 2002
    Sol III - Terra
    Just one warning on Razer - their current drivers (for at least some of the mice) require you to get an account to store your mouse (and Razer keyboard) settings on their site.

I don't see why I need a need a Razer account to run a Razer keyboard and mouse on my computer. And yes it's currently need - they say they're going to fix that. I will believe that fix when I see it.
  5. Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    I have a Razer gaming mouse and love it. Works flawlessly on my Mac or PC.
  6. thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2012
    do you guys use it for FPS gaming or designing? I used to thought my surface was unclean thats why it is causing my insensitivity of my mouse, until I came across a article and many users complaining about the Mac OS X having mouse issues especially those high dpi.

And now, I was getting abit irritated by the jerkiness caused by Mac OS X for my G5.
  7. macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2013
    Currently I am using a Razer Mamba, have owned a Razer Ouroboros (which was a bad choice BTW) and the Mamba drivers work fine and the conventional Synapse 2.0 drivers worked well as well. The only issue that I found was that the switching between 2 different DPI profiles caused the mice to stutter for a little bit.

Regarding high DPI, disabling mouse acceleration should resolve this, and to be honest, when I have been using my design software for school I never needed the DPI above 2400, but when I was experimenting, it didn't seem to be too problematic.