Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

butters149

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
Anyone know if I can use the Razer megalodon 7.1 headset with the ipad? The reason is I will use it mainly for my laptop but in those rare cases when im flying i wanna use it on my laptop as well.

Thanks,

butters149

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 22, 2009
it says USB and it has a driver, not sure if i can disconnect from USB and just use 3.5mm jack.

GadgetGeek71

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2010
Wherever I May Roam
Oh...I've never seen anything like that. If it's USB...it wont work on the iPad. Do you have a way to plug it into a MP3 player with a 3.5mm jack? That should tell you if it will work.

ert3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2007
Bumping old posts isn't my style but i found this page via google and figured I should link out to the answer i found so future searches are more profitable.

Yes these headphones do work however you have to set them up as your audio device in the AudioMidi settings application (its in your utilities folder).

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/2927/razer_megalodon_7_1_surround_sound_gaming_headset/index5.html

Judging from the quality of the review I would say the guy who tested it was generally not that smart, so there can't be that much to getting them to work.

Be wary however the fact that cnet Australia could not get them to work in OSX could suggest that perhaps they are not as feature rich on OSX as they are on their native windows

http://www.cnet.com.au/razer-megalodon-headset-339298272.htm

ert3

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2007
Scratch everything i just said i failed to notice this thread is in the iPad sections, get a pair of skull candy headphones we are a far cry from when those kinds of head sets will work on portable devices (set asside laptops)

jboy631

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2010
Na man there isn't a way that i have found yet i tried two pieces a piece that has two female usb ends and a piece that has a usb end to a 3.5 mm plug and didn't work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.