Razer mice buttons in OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by janey, Jun 22, 2006.

1. janey macrumors 603

janey

Heyas! I got a razer copperhead (tempest blue yummy) to use with my macbook. (primarily left handed mouser and the right-hand design of the logitech g7 and the **** battery life wasnt ideal..)

This one has four buttons on the sides, two on each side. The two buttons on the right side do not work. USB Overdrive doesn't even realize that there are buttons there, while it works just fine with the buttons on the opposite side. What to do?

By the way, the buttons work just fine in Windows..

2. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If it's a bluetooth mouse, I don't think USB Overdrive will help at all.

3. janey thread starter macrumors 603

janey

nah, it's a regular wired mouse. i actually cracked open the user manual and it said that was for dpi switching, except it doesn't really do that. the logitech g5/7 has similar buttons, except their switching is built in and can be changed. doesn't seem like the razer's do unless you use their windows only software :(

doesnt look like i'm the only one who's semi-irate about that, just inconvenient because buttons next to the thumb are easier to press than the buttons next to the pinky, and if you use the mouse with the left hand, you get to press the useless buttons with your thumb :(