Razer Mouse - Pro HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by island, Mar 25, 2007.

1. island macrumors 6502

Feb 19, 2007
    I just picked up the new Razer Pro mouse from the Apple store and it's a great mouse BUT the drivers on the CD and off there website are very weird. If I have the drivers installed and restart the system, I have to go back into System Prefs and change the mouse speed to get it back to normal from it being all the way on slow. If I don't install the drivers, my speed stays the way I want when I restart.

The problem is, without the drivers, the first notch on the mouse speed is too slow and the second notch is too fast so does anyone else have this mouse that might be able to let me know what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
  2. lindstrom macrumors member

Sep 13, 2006
    Hello island.

I had that problem as well. I am at work at the moment so I can't confirm that this is what my settings looks like to 100%.

The way I have this setup is (after downloading their latest driver) set the general mouse tracking speed in apples prefs pane to the lowest. Then go int Razer options and click advanced and change the dpi settings to the lower one (think that is 400). And then adjust the speed settings from inside the two Razer options. Both under general and under advanced.

That did the trick for me, works great now. I ave had it since last summer.

I hope that this helps a bit, I can check it out when I get home if you want.

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

Sep 4, 2006
    My settings are sensitivity 6
    on the fly sensitivity is off
    under adv sensitivity
    x axis 7.5
    y axis 7.5
    master acceleration 3
    1600 dpi
  4. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Jul 22, 2002
    Almere, The Netherlands
    The correct order to install the Razer Pro is first installing the driver, restart and then hook it up. I have heard from several people that else can do strange things. I followed this installation and don't have any problems with mine!