Razer Pro Solutions mouse trouble

Discussion in 'macOS' started by cashel, Dec 31, 2006.

1. cashel macrumors member

I've been using this Pro Solutions mouse for awhile on the regular OS X drivers for awhile now with no trouble. I had the urge to map the side buttons, so I downloaded the Razer 1.6.6 drivers and now nothing works. I am able to move the mouse around, but every single button acts as left click and I have no scroll. How do I remove the razer drivers completely, or even better, fix this problem?

2. MacAnkka macrumors regular

I think that happened to me once. I don't know exactly what I did to fix it, I just messed around with the settings. Mainly the buttons-screen of the Razer control panel. Try changing the right-click from "menu" to "pass-through" and back, if you haven't already.

The Razer drivers are awful, though. They mess my trackpad sensitivity, too. If anyone knows how to uninstall them, I, too, would like to know. I tried deleting every single file with "razer" on it, but it wasn't enough.

3. cashel thread starter macrumors member

No matter what I do, the mouse or OS X won't recognize the changes I make for the button assignments. I removed it from the control pane, which did nothing, it's still broken. I've reinstalled it and it still won't work. Anybody else have any thoughts?

4. cashel thread starter macrumors member

5. Cheers! macrumors newbie

I too am having the exact same problem. I've been google'n around trying to find answer and found this thread. Anybody got a solution?

6. Cheers! macrumors newbie

Ok I managed to uninstall any existance of the razerpro drivers. After doing so it indeed was the cause for the mouse behaving with only single click.

I followed the steps outlined here:

http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=58698

Good Luck.

7. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    i have the same problem to :(
    is too bad that we can't use the driver to maps the 7-buttons :(

8. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

9. 10-Dee-Q macrumors 6502

Bandung, West Java, Indonesia & Singapore
    hi, i found a better solution :p

just try to download the 1.65 version
    and install it the same way as the 1. 66 version without uninstalling the 1,66 first cause i don't know how to :p
    adn now it works fine and i can assigned the buttons :p
    hehehe Nice one :p

10. thepope macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info, it worked for me. Its odd that the new 1.6.6 does not work at all. I just bought this mouse and was thinking it was defective until I read this post.

Now to figure out how to program the buttons for page back and forward in safari. I'd like to assign button 4 & 6 to do this but I can't figure it out.

11. will0407 macrumors 6502a

Ive just got the Razer pro. Having a problem with customising the settings though. I have the 1.6.6 drivers. (I've tried 1.6.5 driverts and have same problem)

I've tried to select the side buttons as forward and back, but its refusing to work. When i set button 4 (front side button) to go forward, it goes back. I've tried changing button 6 (back side button) to 'back', but it insists on staying as "apple + tab"

Anyone else had these problems, and does anyone know how to fix them?

EDIT: Figuyred out why it wasn't working. I had steer mouse running (used it for my previous logitech) and the buttons were numbered differently.