Razerpro wow & and headache

Discussion in 'Games' started by AoWolf, Jun 16, 2006.

1. AoWolf macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I just bought a razer pro to replace my 20 Microsoft mouse. I used to use a razer diamond back but it died and they refused to give me warranty support because I was a mac user.

So I plug in my new mouse and every thing is amazing. Its fast looks great and all the buttons seem to work just right. And then I got it in my head to install the driver :-( The driver totally killed every thing. The mouse setting did not work with world of warcraft(The primary application used on my computer) under the driver and the button configurations stuff just sucked. It also did not work with both the right and left click held down. (this is how you move in wow and this also worked before I installed the driver)There was no uninstall app or anything like that so I ended up deleting the preference plane by right clicking it and clicking the delete option. Unfortunately the mouse still will not let me hold down the right and left clicker. Anyone have any ideas?

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    download the latest drivers from the website. I have owned this mouse since they released it publicly and the latest drivers have helped it. To UNINSTALL the driver, you need to go through the Installer, which give you the option to uninstall.

However, like I said, the latest drivers (not the ones on the CD) are best.

3. AoWolf thread starter macrumors 6502a

AoWolf

I didn't ever put the CD in my computer I got them right off the website I also found no uninstall option. After some digging the info is defiantly stored on the mouse I just want it the way it was when it came out of the box :-(

4. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    The buttons on the mouse are all highly customizable. I've never played WOW, but I bet you could bind macro and buttons through the settings. Most games these days allow that.

As far as anything, I've played Jedi Academy just fine with this mouse.

5. aemolina macrumors newbie

You're right that the installer does not offer an option to uninstall, nor does the preference pane. I figured it out by looking inside the driver's package content.

1. Right click (or CTRL-click) the "Razer PRO 1.6.5.pkg" file, and choose "Show Package Contents"
    2. Double click on the Contents folder. Inside it you will find a file called "uninstall.sh" This is a shell script file which includes the UNIX commands to remove the items the installer originally installed.
    3. Copy/Paste each line into Terminal and press the Return key. For example:
    sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/RazerPRODriver.kext

Notice: The only lines you want are those that are not preceded by a "#" character. The # means that line is a comment. We only want non-commented lines.
    Notice: The sudo command tells the shell to execute the following line as the admin user, so you will get a password prompt after pressing Return. Enter your admin password, and it will execute.

4. Do the aforementioned with all 4 of the lines in the shell script, then Restart your Mac. You should be good after that.

I tried to make the uninstall.sh file executable with the command "sudo chmod +x uninstall.sh," but it didnt work. I don't know FreeBSD all that well, so I'm sure I screwed up something. But doing each line one by one as I've detailed above will achieve the same end result with not that much more work.

Hope this helps man. I'm still trying to find the right Gaming Mouse/Driver combination for OS X and WoW. So far it's been a big pain in the ass, because noone seems to know jack about gaming mice on the Mac. Razer doesnt seem to be the right choice, as it doesnt feel comfortable in my hand, and the side buttons are horrible. I've just ordered a Logitech MX-518 and a A4Tech X7 series mice to see how they work. I'll let you know which one I decide on.

Cheers,

Alexis Molina
    San Diego, CA

6. charmin macrumors member

charmin

I was looking for a way to uninstall the Razer Pro drivers - I'm installing SteerMouse while I consider whether I want a Razer or Logitech since neither company offers Mac drivers for their best mice.

The shell script method is easier if you run the following lines:
    (assuming the .pkg file is on your desktop)

cd desktop/Razer\ PRO\ 1.6.5.pkg/Contents/
    cp uninstall.sh ~
    cd
    sh uninstall.sh

If you get a bunch of messages telling you that files weren't found, edit the .sh file and replace any -r with -rf