RAZR disabled by Verizon: please help...!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sophist, Jun 28, 2006.

1. sophist macrumors newbie

Jun 28, 2006
    I have a Motorola Razr cellphone. Verizon has required Motorola to disable most of its Bluetooth functions, so that phones sold to Verizon customers cannot use the Bluetooth for anything but wireless headsets.

I need to get my camera pictures onto my computer.

I have a USB cable. It plugs into phone and computer no problem.

Yet I am completely unable to sync the two devices. I cannot begin to find a way to get my photos from one onto the other. I've looked for software online - I'd be willing to pay for it - at this point, I'd do nearly anything. If necessary [*shudder*] even get a copy of virtual PC. ;)

help help help!!!

(Edit: I just discovered the relevant lawsuit and settlement as described on Wikipedia. It seems I'll be entitled to return my phone for about $200. I also recieved (a few hours ago) an email from Verizon. It explains neither the lawsuit nor the settlement, but rather asks me to voluntarily accept a change to new terms - these are given in lawyer-speak but I assume it would discreetly disqualify me from getting anything at all.)
  2. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Feb 20, 2005
    Nashville, TN, USA
    Verizon has indeed disabled the functionality that you want. I can sync my bluetooth phone with contacts, calendar, etc. but that is about it. Go to howardforums.com for help with your needs. There is a seem edit that may help you.

Good luck!