RAZR no longer syncs

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mal, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I have a T-Mobile RAZR V3, just a few weeks old, and it's been working great with iSync for contacts and calendars, and I even transferred a bunch of pictures and ringtones no problem. Now, last night it stopped working with iSync. It still sees it, connects, and the phone says "Synchronizing". It starts to go through the motions, including downloading the changes from the phone in both contacts and calendars (around 12k total), and then says "Applying changes to phone", and gives me an unexpected error message, and none of the changes are applied on either the phone or the computer. I'm using an original PowerBook G4 12", with internal BlueTooth. Help!

jW

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Try deleting the phone pairing. Restart the computer. Turn off the phone or take out the battery. Repair the phone. Anything?

3. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Tried everything you listed short of sending the phone to repair. I don't know that there's anything necessarily wrong with the phone, but I guess there could be. Anything else to try before I call T-Mobile?

jW

4. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Finally, progress! I turned off calendar synching in iSync and it synched the contacts fine. Just calendar or both fails, however. Is there any particular reason? Could the memory for the calendar be used up (I've only got a few weeks worth in there)?

jW