RAZR V3 and Mac OS X Tiger/ iBook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by DarkNetworks, Nov 3, 2005.

1. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Well i just bought the MotoRAZR V3 BLK and i wanna make it WORK with my Mac OS X...well, i insert the cd given and nothing happened..i can't find anything that will enable me to work with my RAZR on my mac...well, so i connect it to my Windows OS and everythin works fine..i can even use my RAZR with GPRS connection to connect to the internet...anyone by any chance know how to make it work with OS X? this sucks if i can't really sync files to my RAZR on my mac and stuffs...pls help...thnakz in advance...

2. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

the application iSync will allow you to synchronize calendars and address book contacts, simply add a new device to isync, you can even do it wirelessly via bluetooth (thats what i do).

to browse files, either click Browse Device from the bluetooth menu item or open Bluetooth File Exchange and click Browse Device from the menu bar.

hope this helps.

3. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

i haven't purchased the bluetooth yet..i'm trying to sync with the USB cable provided...yeah thnx..i'll try that out as soon as i get back home...what about using the RAZR as a source of GPRS connection?

4. radiantm3 macrumors 65816

radiantm3

That CD is for windows only. It's not going to work on the mac. I haven't done any research, but I doubt that USB cable is going to do anything on the mac (although I could be wrong). Your best bet is Bluetooth. I have the RAZR as well and everything works great with BT.

5. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

will it work only with a motorola bluetooth or any bluetooth adapter?

6. non fiction macrumors newbie

Razr

I have been syncing my RAZR with 10.3 and 10.4 and it works fine. It doesn't sync any information via Bluetooth - contacts, events, diary are all synced via usb. Bluetooth will allow you to copy files - music, video, pictures from mac to phone and back. Not sure why the USB/Bluetooth arrangement is that way?? 10.4 does attempt to sync via bluetooth and sees the phone, but fails. Still USB for syncing on 10.4

7. sethypoo macrumors 68000

So, are you saying that we can sync our contacts and events via USB, or not?

Can we not sync our contacts and events with Bluetooth?

8. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Yeah i'll try that out as well...btw, wht Bluetooth r u using? the motorola ones or wht?

9. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

can i transfer songs via USB to my Razr? i don't seem to be able to do that with iSync...

10. Alex Duggan macrumors member

I can sync my contacts fine over bluetooth. Haven't tried using USB to do it.

11. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

SummerBreeze

I'm sure that many people are just using the bluetooth that comes with PowerBooks and iBooks to connect to the bluetooth in other devices. I'm pretty sure this comes in most Macs now, but I could be wrong on that one.

12. Dopeyman macrumors 6502a

I just connected the usb cable that I bought for my psp onto my razr v3... And it started charging it.. So I'm guessing that this cable will work...

How can I upload mp3's onto my phone for ringtones?

13. DarkNetworks thread starter macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

i tried the same thing and u can only deal with contacts and other simple backup stuff with the USB cable..i guess u need to buy the bluetooth adapter...i just bought one DLInk USB Bluetooth adapter and now my RAZR v3 syncs well with the iBOok for transfering music, etc....