RAZR V3 and transferring ringtones...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by killuminati, Jul 1, 2006.

1. macrumors 68020

killuminati

I want to be able to make my own ringtones on my mac and then send them over via bluetooth to my Razr.

I have all the bluetooth working and I am able to transfer songs, pictures and videos to their respective sections but I can't get songs to go the 'ringtones' section on the phone.

Are there certain requirements for the bit rate or file size? Like I said I have no problems transferring over 128kb mp3s. I just want to be able to use them as ringtones.

Thanks,

EDIT: I'm on the Telus network and I'm pretty sure that none of the features are blocked.

2. macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

My friends RAZR has the same problem. I couldn't ever figure it out... You could call Telus up and see what they have to say.

You might get to talk to someone now that the strike is finally over. :p

3. thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

Yea I could try calling Telus.

I doubt they would be very helpful though because they want me to buy their $3 ringtones.

4. macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

They're not that bad with this sort of thing. They told me how to do with with my old samsung. I had to flat out tell them I wasn't interested in buying a ringtone from them though.

5. macrumors 68000

savar

There's some trick, like you have to attach the song to an outgoing text message, send it to a bogus number, then go into your outbox and set the attachment as a ringtone. You're not supposed to be able to do it directly, becuase as you point out they want you to pay $3 for 30 seconds of music you may already own.

Check out howardforums.com and search for v3m ringtone information.

6. macrumors member

Does it work via wired USB and with cingular? I too have a RAZR.

7. thread starter macrumors 68020

killuminati

Try the free program called BitPim. You can use it to transfer songs, photos, movies and change other things on the phone.

I still haven't been able to get mp3s that I can use as ringtones. I think it's because Telus has blocked this and none of the programs that are supposed to do it are working. I'll give them a call though when I have the time.