RAZR V3m & Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RyuMD, Sep 7, 2006.

1. RyuMD macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I just got a new macbook at my office and when I try to sync my V3m Razr with it, I get the message that my phone is incompatible with iSync. The thing is, I have it sync'd with my 17" MBP at home. Am I missing something?

with my MBP, i can sync both iCal and Address Book data. with this macbook, nothing.
  2. thedude110 macrumors 68020

Jun 13, 2005
    Who is your service provider?

Verizon V3ms generally don't synch to iCal, and I've had trouble synching one of our two V3ms with iSync at all.

Try searching the forums for "V3m" -- I think you'll be surprised to find out that the V3m is sporadic in what it will and won't sync with.
  3. Macnag macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2006
    Sync to Mac

Don't have a macbook but my Titanium G4, OS10.4.8, has no trouble although it does identify the Verizon V3m as a V3C in the system profiler. Contacts and iCal info load and update easily although I sometimes get a message that I should try restarting my phone. Other times I just try again and it works. What happens when you try to choose new device in iSync?

Maybe an intel version thing?
  4. John Blunt macrumors newbie

Dec 28, 2008
    RYU MD and Sync to Razr

The mac book pro will definitely sync to the Razr phone. You have to activate I-Sync ion your mac and then make your Razr Discoverable by selecting that choice in the phone menu, The Discoverable selection will time out so you have to work quickly. Then the Razr outline will appear on the I-Sync window and you must select it immediately .The rest is automatic. It does work and if you have a problem send me an e-mail and I will call you and talk you through it in between knee surgeries!

John Blunt.Esq