RC2 this week?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bloodycape, Oct 3, 2006.

1. bloodycape macrumors 65816

2. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Don't we kinda need to wait for the build to come out and someone to try it? Unless you work for MS, and on Vista itself, you don't see any builds that the 'public' doesn't see.

3. Lollypop macrumors 6502a

Lollypop

I read over at anandtech that RC2 is expected end of week, but personally all that it means to me is that Vista is very close to feature complete, and apple can now show us all the secret features of Leopard without worrying about copymachines! :D

4. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

I actually can't wait till both os drop. That means I get to try the latest and greatest oses from two respectable computers. But yeah I RC2 is a good sign.

5. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

^ respectable??

1 respectable company, (apple)

lol! too bad i have to have an amazing Top of the line computer to run Vista :rolleyes:

6. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Not really, you could get Vista standard edition or what ever it is called and runs with out areo. But then again same could be said for Apple to some extent.

7. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Any version of Vista will run without Aero if your video card doesn't support it. Really, the minimum for Aero is a GeForce 5200FX, not sure how well the performance is these days with that though.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Interesting brief review of RC2... could it actually happen? Is Vista actually going to come out? ;)

Vista would certainly make those cheap C2D notebooks on the Windows market much more appealing....