RCT3 Music Imprting from iTunes

Discussion in 'Games' started by iCrispy, May 6, 2006.

1. iCrispy macrumors newbie

Hi, I've recently bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 for the Mac and am loving it but it crashes whenever I click the "Play music from your iTunes collection" button in the game options even though I've followed what the game manual says about creating an "RCT3" playlist in iTunes. Does anyone know how I can stop this from happening as I can't make any Fireworks shows etc without my own music really, thanks.

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

What kind of computer are you using? Intel, G5 or G4? :confused: I'm assuming Tiger for the OS.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

RCT3 needs an urgent update, It's needed it since it was released and yet were still waiting.... It's almost unplayable on intel macs and has some serious bugs.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Is iTunes running when you click on the button? Does your iTunes playlist contain any protected music bought from the iTunes store (dunno if this makes a difference)?

Look in the folder ~/library/logs/crashreporter/ (this is the library folder inside your home folder). There should be a file called RCT3.crash.log or something like this (that is, the first part of the name should be the name of the Roller Coaster Tycoon game application, and then it should say .crash.log). Open this file in Console, and you should see a list of dated entries. Paste the last one into a reply, and we can tell you more about why it might be crashing....

5. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

As RCT3 being one of my favorite games for the Mac, and playing it alot, (but not on my MBP yet), it WILL run protected music from the iTMS and it will open iTunes when it (RCT) starts.

6. iCrispy thread starter macrumors newbie

I've got an iBook G4 (1.2GHz, 12"), the game runs fine apart from this one thing.

Here is the crash log report thing you asked for:

Hope this helps.