Re-evaluation time (formerly HS)

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by GigaWire, Jan 2, 2002.

1. GigaWire macrumors 6502

They've acknowledged our existence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

As such, I think we need to dismiss all previous speculation and begin anew. What have we thought:

g5
    lcd iMac
    quad processor machines
    full product line update
    etc.

So where on earth can we go from here, if all we can do is go up?

For starters, I think they intend on breaking the 2 GHz "barrier" with the lowest level powermac.

I don't know, I'm just stumped, shocked, happy. way to go Apple. This is looking to be a make or break situation for this company.

2. OSUbuckeyefan macrumors regular

It does make you wonder what apple has up its sleeve...but in my opinion, if we saw G5, LCD iMac, and a new line of displays, it would be pretty spectacular! It's hard to imagine that it could be much beyond that, but who knows...

3. Falleron macrumors 68000

Falleron

As much as I would like a 2Ghz+ Powermac its not going to happen! Not one product line of apples has even hit 1Ghz yet! I believe though that we will see a speed bumped ibook using IBM's new Sahara chips (700/800Mhz maybe)with a slighly larger screen in the same enclosure, + speed bumped powerbook up to 800Mhz.

I do believe that because there is a 15 day wait for a powerbook here in the uk. The ibook also has a 7 day build time.