Re-Install ATI Drivers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ricky Smith, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Ricky Smith macrumors regular

Well yesterday while using my mac the video flashed a few times then died well I was using my origional card to make sure the computer was ok and tried removing any ATI files thinking that the ATI Installer was the thing that installed the drivers but apparenltly not. After a day of the card out of the computer it has started working again but now Core Image and Quarts Extreeme isn't supported but it was before I assume I'm missing the display extention for my card which I guess is installed origionaly with the OS. Well since I deleted all the ATI extentions I don't have the right one and I need to figure out how to re install them is this possible without re installing the OS or doing an archive and install? Can someone send them to me its Mac OS 10.4.5, ATI Radeon 9600 XT.

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Just download the ATI Driver package for OS X 10.4 (Tiger) from their website....that's what I always do and it seems to work.

3. Ricky Smith thread starter macrumors regular

Yea I tried them but it didn't install the extentions. I got them off the CD now ran Diskrepair and Permission repair a lot of them were wrong but now my computer gets stuck at the Apple Logo.