Re-Installing OSX on a brand new mac to remove languages & drivers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by peter202, Dec 4, 2006.

1. peter202 macrumors member

peter202

Im expecting my MacBook White 2.0Ghz, 80Gb HD, 2gigs ram early next week. :D

Just wandering what would be the best way to go about Re-Installing OSX.
    Do i just boot from the disc and reinstall or do i set it up first then re-install??

Thanks

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

There's absolutely no point in doing initial setup if you're just going to wipe it when you reinstall.

3. peter202 thread starter macrumors member

peter202

so it will boot fine and the install will be free of problems?

4. ChickenSwartz macrumors 6502a

I would do the initial setup and check everything out, make sure it is running correctly and it is not DOA. That way if, after you reinstall, something is wrong you will know it is a software issue associated with the reinstall.

5. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I have an even better idea. Leave your OS installation alone. Setup your accounts, email, and whatnot and then just use your system. Learn how your computer works before you start mucking with it. An astonishing number of newbies screw-up their computers and then come here looking for help to fix them.

Please don't become one of them.

6. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

you can use DeLocalizer to remove all the language stuff - although be careful - don't wipe out your language. and yes, people have done that.

it's easy to reinstall MacOS.

1. unpack your computer.
    2. fire it up, insert DVD immediately, hold down C key until spinning thingy and apple logo appear
    3. go through setup, checking Custom install, and removing what you don't want (essential files will definiately be installed, so you can pick and choose your iLife stuff and so on, and note Front Row is an optional package!)
    4. wait for it to install
    5. insert DVD 2 if needed
    6. go through easy personalisation procedure
    7. enjoy.

:)