Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
just a little story that some people might be interested in, showing the mac outshines the pc.

My gf has spent the better part of 2 hours trying to install my dads digital camera and then try and get it detected by windows (somehow today it doesn't want to detect it), once she did get it to work, the printer (again for some reason) would not print the photos we had on the camera.

Anyway she told me to sort it out (she isn't dumb mind you she just doesn't want to get technical with the computer with regards to software and drivers. She's happy to build her own computer mind you. So i'm not blaming her or making this a woman thing, let this be known.

Anyway...

I plug in my HP Deskjet 845c (this printer that wouldn't work), no drivers needed, bonus.
Plug in the camera, a Fuji Finepix, no drivers needed again, double bonus, load up iPhoto and select 3 of the photos that my dad wants from his fishing adventures.

Play with the print options until happy.

2 minutes later...i have wondeful photos on glossy paper.

This just truly does work, i've not even used iPhoto before!

I don't expect any replies but thanks for reading.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
You bet ya, you'll get a reply!
I love reading these kind of stories, making the case "Everything is Easier on a Mac" stronger every time!

And I believe you saying your gf aint dumb, otherwise your Dad wouldn't let her play with his PC :)

By the way, did your Dad kick the PC, and got a Mac? :cool:

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
My dad isn't into technology, hes just into his Sky digital and does some online banking now and again, he stays away from computers and he doesn't know or wouldn't know if i had done it on my mac. It makes no difference to him as long as he has his lovely photos.

The PC btw is my gf's, she built it, its not my dads.
The mac's mine as well, i sold a PC and a x86 laptop to get my iBook.

As a side note, i've never needed drivers for anything, i have many USB mice and they all work, USB pen drives, a printer, camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.