re-labeling songs.

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Rasheem, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Rasheem macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2006
    ok so i have a bunch of songs that have the artists name at the begining of the title. yes, i did download these songs from limewire. Does anyone know of a program that will go through my iTunes library and look for the artists name in the title and delete only the artists name. OFr example a title might be "Boston- Something about you" and i would want the title to be "Something about you"
  2. psychofreak Retired

May 16, 2006
    I don't think its possible, and you shouldn't talk about illegal activities here...BUT, whenever you ask about an app, you have to specify if its for mac or windows...
  3. juanster macrumors 68020

Mar 2, 2007
    i think you ll just have to do it manually, song by song in iTunes,, try maybe 25 a day or something like that....
  4. The General macrumors 601

Jul 7, 2006
  5. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2006
    When I clean up music titles I use one of three programs that all work great with iTunes.

iEatbrainz - freebie that will even label it if it doesnt have a label at all.

MPFreaker - Get a free trial or buy full version and this will help label your missing stuff.

CLutter - Freebie - Great tool for getting album art.

Kevin :apple:
  6. Rasheem thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 12, 2006
    Actually im not sure on how illegal it's to downlopad music i know at least for a litle while there was a loophole that downloading music was no illegal and it was the sharing of music that was. not sure if this is still the case