Re-naming a song in the song list??

Discussion in 'iPod' started by david118bradley, Feb 6, 2006.

1. david118bradley macrumors newbie

Just got an Ipod, i've loaded itunes and copied some songs into the song list. Is there any way of editing the text in the songlist. I want to be able to re-name some of the song titles?
    For example, I have copied some of my own personal recordings, but the title comes up as 'track 12', and i want to change this to the actual song title name. I have tried going back and changing the name of the file on the PC but when it gets into Itunes it changes to back to Track 12!!!

Hope someone can help,
    Thanks
    Dave

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Just change the name in iTunes. Click on the name of the track, then move the mouse down (just like it's a Finder item that you're renaming). Alternately, if you have a hard time doing that, right-click, choose "Get Info" and change the name there.

3. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

if you have your music files in the iTunes Music folder and "keep organised" checked in the Advanced Preferences, it will rename the file too, not just update the tag.
    Ctr-I works with more than one track selected also, for changing info on multiple songs (like renaming the album, adding the year etc)