Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Hi,

I just had an app appear on the store there now that is ad-driven. My first one with ads and I didn't properly read the manual so when I submitted the app I didn't also configure iAds in iTunesConnect at the same time...

I realize I will have to re-submit the app but I have adWhirl integrated so I can just turn off iAds there for the time being. What I wanted to ask thoug is - If I submit my binary again - still version 1.0 - the same zip file. Will I be able to just update iTunes connect with the iAds settings without there being a version 1.1 and users being notified that there is an update? So if I resubmit the archive again, will it impact anyone but the fellas testing the app at apple?

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Hmms.. I've emailed Apple - they should be able to tell.

I don't really want to submit an update just for the sake of flipping a switch though...

dantastic

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
Why not? Just label it "Bug fixes"

hmms, that wouldn't feel right... Plus, have some poor fella have to work the app all over again when there's nothing new there. Not cool..

It's a version 1.0 so I'll probably have to update it in a month or so anyway, if it turns out I have to re-submit I'll wait until then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.