Re: virus for mac, BBC article

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by grooveattack, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502a

2. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

What do you mean a mistake? Apple wasn't wrong. Anti-virus on a Mac protects Windows users; that's it.

How is a mistake if Apple is removing the articles? The mistake comes from every. fricking. idiotic. news. site. that decided that OS X isn't safe anymore.

So THANK YOU news sites! THANK YOU for causing a resurgence in people creating individual threads about Mac viruses because their reason for starting the thread is just slightly different than everyone else's.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

wow... some ones having a bad day, just wanted people to know that apple retracted the article, should reassure people.
    and i am sooo sorry my post did not meet your high standard sir... i will be more careful in the future, a thousand apologies your highness....

4. macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Cut the sniveling, I'm not mad at you.

Threats don't go away because someone stops saying they exist.

That logic doesn't apply here, as there really IS no threat, but a problem can still exist if a company retracts a statement.

5. macrumors 601

MH01

You guys realize that macs are not immune to viruses. The reality is that there are hell of a lot more of them on Windows....but you get that with 90% market share.

Just google anti-virus for mac, there are a number of products available.

Just be glad that macs are $$ and most hackers cannot afford one, and careless about them. If mac market share goes up, so will the amount of threats.

6. Guest

Sky Blue

facepalm.jpg

7. Moderator emeritus

Let's take the hair-splitting over here, thanks, where Tonerl has already noted that the Apple article in question has been pulled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.