Reaction form the unconverted

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jimmieboy, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

I was wondering what happens to everyone when you tell someone you use mac. With me I get told that it would be embarrasing and that because I choose to use a more funcational computer that somehow indicates that all mac users are gay. So what about you?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

Most people I know have switched for PC to Mac.
    So I don't have that problem. The odd few who react like that I tell to grow up.

3. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

It's good to see that you've helped convert people. It really annoys me because it's so immature. How cares if your using a different pieces of metal and plastic then them.

4. thworple macrumors 6502

thworple

I usually get the response of "what on earth do you use on that? Why don't you get a normal computer?"

I just smile at the sheer ignorance of them! :rolleyes:

5. bartelby macrumors Core

I had a long running battle with a PeeCee using friend, he hated Macs without any good reason. He just said they were rubbish. Then he actually used one and changed his mind!:rolleyes:

6. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

When I'm forced to use a windows PC people say, what's it like to be able to right click? I shut them down and tell them that macs have two button mouses. Muahahaha

7. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

I have to admit that I was a mac hater. I hated them. I talked about how bad they were/incompatibility. I had never used one running OS X. At school we had some really old G3's that were the worst ever. Once I used one running OS X I went out and bought one. I love it so much. A lot of people I know think they junk but none of them have ever used one. How blind are PC users? I was and I'm so sorry Steve! :D

8. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

I tend to act like a biblet humber when I'm around PC people. I converted my co-author this summer (he got macbook). Later this summer, I managed to convince my physical therapist to switch aswell. So basically, I dont get much trouble with PC people. I tend to look at them as prey.

9. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

Thats one way you could look at them :D

10. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

If they dont switch can i shoot them then?

11. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

No. But you can burn them with your Macbook Pro.

EDIT: Or explode them with your powerbook or ibook battery.

12. Dr.Gargoyle macrumors 65816

Dr.Gargoyle

I tend to become preacher-like when I spread the message of the "good side".
    I ignore the worst windows fan boys. They might see the light one day. But until then, I let them fester in their own virus ridden dll hell.

13. Jimmieboy thread starter macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

So true. I remember the old days when I'd spend my weekends running virus scans, adware and malware scans, and then defragging my comp. It was still stuffed after hours of my intensive windows based computer nursing skills. Then again no one can fix a PC.

14. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Almost all of my co-workers use PCs, because that's still the only thing the company will buy for them. (I use my own MacBook at work.)

A number of my co-workers are intrigued by Macs and Mac OS X, and since the switch to Intel I've had the opportunity to show off how you can run Windows, Linux and Mac OS X on a Mac (i.e. with Parallels).

No one's ever made fun of me or, you know, questioned my manhood for using a Mac. The main objection I hear, still, is that Macs are too expensive. And I think that's a fair objection, although the prices have been coming down over the last few years.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

If the opportunity presents itself in the conversation -- for example, someone disses Macs but then goes on to tell me about how often their computer crashes -- I will of course brag a little about the superiority of Macs.

If they continue to put down Macs, I just smile and treat them with condescension.

Example:

PC user: "I'm not ever gonna consider a Mac. Nobody uses them."
    Me: (smiling widely and nodding) "Ohhhhhhhh. I see."

16. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
    I try and not push my Mac ness on others too much, because I don't feel like it's needed.

But, I can't stand people that refuse to use iTunes....that I just can't take...

So I push iTunes hard..

17. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

At work if I start to talk to someone who has a computer being fixed at Geek Squad because of adware and what not, I mention the Mac. Alot of them become interested but we don't sell them at out store because that would be the end of our computer repair service. So I get them to the internet and show em Apple.com, and tell them all the nice functions. Of course i don't have an actual Mac to show for example but tell them to find someone who does or go to CompUSA or MacTown cuz the Apple store hates Louisville.

18. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

I just tell them it's a pain to go through 6 menus to change their screen resolution to something more usable then 640x480 on their 21" monitor...

19. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Over time, I've acquiesced to silence sprinkled with a smidgen of zen approach. If they see what you do and then, ask, maybe a brief comment. Anything more seems to digress quickly into a perl before swine thing.

20. calculus Guest

calculus

When people ask me why I use a mac the conversation goes something like this...

"Well you know computers?"

"Yes"

"Imagine if they worked"