Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lara F

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2005
Montreal, Quebec
I can't count the amount of times I've clicked on a thread I never opened before, and it takes me near the end instead of the first post. Or I'll come back to a thread I've previously read, click "view first unread" (or the little arrow next to the thread title) and it takes me further than my last read point.

I've searched the settings but no dice as far as finding something to resolve this issue. It's in stark contrast to another vBulletin forum I'm on that is flawless at maintaining position, no matter whether I'm on the website or Tapatalk. I'm wondering what might be causing this and if there's some easy fix? Has anyone else had this issue?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Do you open the threads via Forum Spy or the sub-forum pages and if so, where exactly do you click, since I don't experience that when clicking a thread in a sub-forum.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I can't count the amount of times I've clicked on a thread I never opened before, and it takes me near the end instead of the first post. Or I'll come back to a thread I've previously read, click "view first unread" (or the little arrow next to the thread title) and it takes me further than my last read point.

I've searched the settings but no dice as far as finding something to resolve this issue. It's in stark contrast to another vBulletin forum I'm on that is flawless at maintaining position, no matter whether I'm on the website or Tapatalk. I'm wondering what might be causing this and if there's some easy fix? Has anyone else had this issue?

Same issue here... On my MacBook and on my iPod when opening a thread in a sub forum and even if it's on the front page :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.