Read something that made me giggle into my pillow.

Discussion in 'Community' started by carbonmotion, Jun 29, 2004.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

After taking a snooty look at my Debian server, my comp sci friend and microsoft enthusit started ripping on it. Uable to personally defeat any of the claims against microsoft I made, he promised to show facts that Windows Server 2003 is far superior to its linux counter parts. He emailed me this " Proof of Life " I hope you guys have as much fun reading it as I do.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

He he.. tnx for the link!

Obviously these are all facts ..... yeah, right :rolleyes:

3. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom

I think it's pretty compelling information, actually.

Lee Tom

4. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

yeah, compelling my butt.

5. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Riiiiight. And what color is the sky in Bill Gates' world?

Some of the claims are basically true--switching a large enterprise from any OS to any other OS is going to be complicated and costly, and Linux-capable admins are bound to have higher salary costs than your dime-a-dozen trade-school MSCE's--but "Windows Users Have Fewer Vulnerabilities"? Tell that to all the corporations using Microsoft's IIS, whose homepages are now infecting all comers to their sites.

6. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

a PR site, like getting info from a commercial

Lee Tom, you realize that it's on the Microsoft page, not exactly the most unbiased source of information.
    What would you expect to see:

Welcome to Microsoft, the most hacked, most unsecure and expensive set of software out there. Need random headaches, attacks and failures. We got it all.
    And Linux, oh those guys their stuff is far better than our product and it's free but think of all those Winsysadmins who'd be out of business if not for our bug-laden products.
    Don't you realize what would happen to the economy if everything worked?

I think there are better places to consider Microsoft's advantages, but this site is just PR.