Readers want more iPod nano colours

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 3, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G3

puckhead193

why not purple... :rolleyes:

3. macrumors 6502a

I want flesh tone. Put that on with a clear silicone armband and it will look like I had an LCD screen and a click wheel surgically implanted into my arm.

People around here are no longer freaked out by my colored contact lenses (opaque white), so I need something new to creep them out with other than my personality.

4. macrumors member

Real full-bodied colors too. Not that pastel crap.

5. macrumors 68040

shamino

Something with a pattern. This will hide the scratches (except on the display, of course.)

The old "flower power" print, while dumb looking on an iMac, would probably work on an iPod.
    [​IMG]

6. macrumors 604

zap2

Pink, Green ,Blue perhaps Gold

7. macrumors G5

nagromme

* Bold primary red

* Bold primary blue

* Bold primary yellow

* Bold primary green

* Bold primary... err... orange

* Chrome (metal front just like the back)

* Custom made by Apple with company/school/team colors/patterns painted inside the clear. Available only in bulk orders.

But even more fun:

* Full-size iPod coming soon in black? (non-U2)

* Next wave of iBooks and iMacs available in black? A black iMac would look great.

If I were Apple, and had to control cost and inventory, I'd make the low-end model of each Mac and iPod (even nano) only in white. Make black (or other colors) an option on the higher model. Bingo--more choices without increasing the number of models Apple has to deal with.

Pro machines can stay aluminum. Durable and no-nonsense.

8. macrumors 6502a

cheekyspanky

I seem to be the only one who really liked the iMacs when they went through the crazy pattern phase.. :p

9. macrumors member

There are the colours I'd like to see:
    [​IMG]

10. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

A VERY quick hack...busy work day and I can't spend more than two minutes on it...

Attached Files:

11. macrumors 68040

Daveway

I think we can expect more colors at MWSF.

12. macrumors regular

13. macrumors 6502a

Wonder Boy

no you're not. I absolutely love me blue dalmation imac.

14. Moderator

Mitthrawnuruodo

Staff Member

Deep Purple...?

:D

15. macrumors 6502a

Putty

What's wrong with putty? It was good enough for the entire PC industry for nearly twenty years (including Macs). Just when all of the copycats have gone to black, dark blue and gray and are crapping themselves over Apple's next move, BAM! You reach back in time and get putty!

Pretty soon, all the cool kids are going to be saying, "I want my PuttyPod!" And, we'll be hangin' out at my website www.puttypods.com. Oh, yeah!

16. macrumors 65816

autrefois

If only there were somewhere you could buy black headphones separately...

I guess if you really like Apple's earbuds it might be a factor, but at the risk of causing a backlash, I have to say I didn't find the iPod earbuds to be anything special.