1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Ready to ship: By September 28th

Discussion in 'iPod' started by DarkNetworks, Sep 5, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

What does that mean? Will I get it by Sept 28 if I order mine now or somewhere before the 28th? Sorry but I'm really excited about the iPod touch. it has been a while since...

2. macrumors regular

That means that it might ship before then but don't get mad at them if it doesn't.

3. macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I've been waiting for this update for months now. This IS the iPod that I want to get.

4. macrumors regular

Anyone know when it will be available outside the US to places like Australia, New Zealand etc?

5. macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Probably should check your country's Apple Store online. That should give some sort of indication. Btw, if I preorder, do I have to pay right away or do they only charge when the item has been shipped?

6. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Australia is also estimating September 28th.

They shouldn't charge your card until they're ready to ship.

7. macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Awesome, so I should be able to order and not get charged rite? Well at least until mid-Sept. I don't want to order it late and get mine only around mid October.

8. macrumors regular

28th means that it will be shipped on the 28th. But depending on the shipping service you choose then the date varies.

I got an estimate of Oct. 9-11th.

9. macrumors 6502

so basically were thinking that if we order now it will ship by the 28th?

what about to retail stores? like best buy? will they get if after the 28th too?

SO EXCITED! :eek::eek::eek: i cant wait till the 28th??!!

10. macrumors newbie

who else is as bummed as me with the touch not coming out until the end of the month? i kinda also just sold my ipod yesterday. AND i'm taking a 5 hour plane ride this weekend. ohh geeze. Me =Impatient beezy. Gosh dam me

11. macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I feel you 100%.. It sucks to wait for so long. I'm hoping they'll ship sooner than that..

12. macrumors 603

aswitcher

Yeah, and emails from Apple with shipping info.

13. macrumors demi-god

Zwhaler

Mine ships the 28th, it should be here on the 2nd of October (so they claim)

14. macrumors member

IPOD TOUCH 16G PERS-CAN
    Engraved
    Ships by: Sep 28
    Delivers by: Oct 9 - Oct 11

15. macrumors member

I'm guessing the engraving is what pushes it to Oct. 9-11 instead of Oct. 2-4? I put no engraving on it so I could have it in my hands quicker :D

16. macrumors 6502

I have an engraving and mine says oct 2-4

maybe it is because I ordered mine at like 1:30

17. macrumors 6502a

will it be in the stores on the 28th as well?

18. macrumors 68040

squeeks

im guessing that weekend

since the classic and nano are suppose to be in stores this weekend, its a friday, so i makes sense

19. macrumors newbie

I'm in the UK. I ordered my 8gig ipod touch earlier. On my order confirmation email, it says that they estimate my order to be shipped on or before 11 Sep, 2007.

It goes on to say:

Now I don't know if the UK is getting theirs sooner or if this is a mistake but it certainly surprised me!

Could I be surfing the net on my ipod touch here in the UK this time next week?

-KK

20. macrumors 6502a

take some pictures of it when you get it.

21. macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Yes, we need pics for that...

22. macrumors 68020

hmm. Was going to wait for it to arrive in the Apple UK retail store but I might order online if this is true.

23. macrumors newbie

Yep, If I do get it next week I will post some pics - fingers crossed!

Coming to terms with the delivery estimate now - can't really see why it would be wrong.

I did order it at about 3AM so it could have been one of the first few orders through - hence the early delivery time. - Maybe!

-KK

24. macrumors 6502

Can anyone living in the U.S. tell me how much the 16GB iPod touch comes out to be including tax and 2-3 day shipping? What about regular shipping? Thanks!

25. macrumors regular

I ordered my 8gb touch here in the US as soon as the store opened so I wouldn't think that your order was any sooner then mine was.