Real MR Old Skool...

Discussion in 'MacRumors Old Skool' started by spikeovsky, Jan 12, 2005.

1. spikeovsky macrumors member

Jul 22, 2002
    For a bit of fun, check out MR as it was four MWSF keynotes ago (or shortly before)...

Lucky bastards got a live keynote stream!
  2. winter artifice macrumors newbie

Dec 16, 2003
    You need to remove the http://<br%20/> from your link.
  3. tech4all macrumors 68040

Jun 13, 2004
    To make a link do this:

[url=]Old MacRumors[/url].
    Which will be this:

Old MacRumors.
  4. emw macrumors G4

Aug 2, 2004
    Or simply paste the URL:

and make sure "Automatically parse links in text" is checked, or use the Insert Hyperlink button in the toolbar to get this.

Edit: We all lambasted your URL posting but didn't thank you for the link. It's always fun to see what we were talking about in years past. I loved the "iPad" reference to a new PDA, as well as looking forward to a 733MHz G4.
  5. spikeovsky thread starter macrumors member

Jul 22, 2002
    Actually, the first time I posted the link it was as a "link" - but I posted it from a particularly dodgy Windows machine at a particularly dodgy internet cafe, and was having trouble getting it to work (as winter artifice discovered). I decided it would be easier to strip any sort of fancy code and just put it in as text. Annnnyway, I don't mind your lambasting, since I know you're all trying to help :)

I like the iPad bit, too. On the PDA front, I was looking around my computer the other day and found I had saved the complete set of iWalk photos and videos. Ah - good times! I think it's also funny how there's a rumour about what would eventually become the Segway. I'd forgotten how obsessed people were with it!
  6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    It's interesting to see how MacRumors page design has changed over the years. Looking at archived versions of pages is a perfect way to do this.
  7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    wow, MR certainly had a different look back then, its interesting to see how the site has evolved though the times
  8. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Those were the good old days, this was shortly before I bought our iMac with the CDRW drive which was rumored on that page:) Hard to imagine posting on MR with a Performa 6300CD on a 16k modem:)

I loved the old page design, maybe we should bring it back for awhile for nostalgias sake;)
  9. wordmunger macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    I remember that keynote! A powerbook G4 was indeed announced, as predicted by MR, and I ordered one as soon as the Apple Store came back online. Woohoo! I had the world's fastest laptop with the biggest screen! (actually it was just a Ti400, but that 15-inch screen rocked!)