Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrbohorquezg

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2002
Chicago
Real player, which was just recently released for MacOSX does not seem to work with jaguar (at least not with mine). Is anyone else experiencing the same? Please let me know...

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Re: Real Player doesn't work with Jaguar

Originally posted by jrbohorquezg
Real player, which was just recently released for MacOSX does not seem to work with jaguar (at least not with mine). Is anyone else experiencing the same? Please let me know...

hrmm.. it seems to work for me.. did you do an upgrade or clean install?

-f

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
you may want to also try deleting the program's residual pref files from your prefs folder.. this can often solve certain apps problems..

-f

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Real One, the beta, is the only version for Mac OS X. Real Player 8 and Player 8 Plus are available for Mac OS 8.x-9.x.

JustAGuy

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
LotusLand
RealOne isn't working on Jag here, either. Just crashes on startup. Nothing changes that.

On a related noted, the same happens with Classic (9.2.1) now... grrr...

firewire2001

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2002
Hong Kong
Originally posted by JustAGuy
RealOne isn't working on Jag here, either. Just crashes on startup. Nothing changes that.

On a related noted, the same happens with Classic (9.2.1) now... grrr...

hrmm.. still works for me..

-f

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
works fine

i don't understand what could be the problem. it ran fine before Jaguar and it runs fine now with Jaguar. I didn't even have to reinstall it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.