Real shipment time for referbs.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by smllpx, Jul 9, 2004.

1. smllpx macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004
    I just ordered a 1.33 12" PB - referb'ed and it says 30 days for shipping, in your experience how true is this? I seems odd to me that they would really need the 30 days if they already have the machine. But, I could be wrong. Who here has ordered a referb'ed Mac that listed the ship date as 30 business days and how long did it take them? I am fully aware that YMMV type problems. I am willing to wait, but lets just say that I would love to have my new(ish) PB in my sweaty little hands.
  2. DanTheMan macrumors member

Jun 21, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Most likely will come within a week...

I ordered a refrub G5 and mine said it would ship in like 30 days too, but I ordered it on a Saturday and it showed up on Wednesday. Depending where you are I bet you can expect a week or less. Good luck on your unit, might came with an extra 512 MB of RAM. :D
  3. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

Jan 2, 2004
    The Northlands
    Refurbs almost always ship same-day. I don't know why you would have 30 days... :confused:
  4. smllpx thread starter macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004
    while I don't expect an extra 512MB of ram, that sure would be nice ;) . It is also nice to hear that the 30 days is a kinda of a CYA statement ( at least in your case ). Thanks for the reply.
  5. crookedcharlie macrumors member

Apr 22, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA USA
    I ordered the exact same computer from Apple. I ordered it on a wednesday, and chose fed-ex overnight shipping. I ordered at 2:30 Pacific time, and I had it by 10:00 AM the next morning.

The Apple site did say that it would ship "On or before August 20th." I have no idea why they do that.
  6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Maybe it's simply that they have units in the process of being refurbished and they don't know exactly when they'll be finished.

I have been considering one of those machines, as well. Considering as many times as they've had them available, it may be better to get the refurbs instead.
  7. smllpx thread starter macrumors member

Feb 25, 2004
    Well I have some good news to those of you looking to purchase a referb’ed apple. My PowerBook shipped on Friday! According to FedEx (went with the free shipping) It should be here on Thursday.
  8. Maxicek macrumors regular

Apr 23, 2004
    I just bought a 15" Refurb Powerbook from the UK Applestore. It was due to ship 8 days after ordering, but in fact shipped 2 days later. It should be here tomorrow (can't wait :) )

I assumedthey do a pre-shipping test before it goes out, and they allow the extra days / weeks in case anything goes wrong.