real streams in iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by homeshire, Feb 2, 2006.

1. homeshire macrumors regular

I would kill to be able to open real streams in iTunes. While I can get iTunes to recognize and list them, they will not play. Can anyone tell me how I might achieve this aim? Or is it simply not possible?

As well, if it is not possible, does anyone know of any good german news or talk streams that will stream in iTunes? I would be forever grateful, because if I can find just a couple good streams, I would happily consign realplayer to the trash can. thanks.

2. Revlimit Punk macrumors regular

Revlimit Punk

I don't think it's possible unless somebody specifically made an iTunes plug-in especially for that purpose.
    A quick search with google about such plug-in didn't return interesting results...
    As for other streams compatible with iTunes, you can check http://www.shoutcast.com/

3. homeshire thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for your reply. based on macworld's recent hint, i've been to both shoutcast and live365. have even grabbed a couple streams that play in iTunes. but, ..can't find a good german news or talk station in either of those places. will keep trying. just thought maybe someone would be able to point the way for me.