1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Real-time TV added to Sprint mobiles

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Nov 16, 2003.

1. macrumors bot

2. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

to clarify:

I am aware this has basically no connection to the "mac" world - just found the implementation of the technology interesting.

-Mudbug

3. macrumors 6502

I just wish this news would boost Sprint's stock price. Ever sense I put money into them it has just fallen. Errr stupid Sprint.

4. macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

One to two frames per second! That's rediculous. How are you supposed to watch TV at that rate? I read an article earlier today (sorry, don't have a link) that said Samsung is developing a phone that can pick up UHF and VHF TV broadcasts. I think that will be a much better alternative, since it will play at 30fps and more importantly, is free.

5. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

well, that seems like a much more obvious way to do it to me, but I think the extra bit this (let's call it a "solution" for now) offers is cable television channels, instead of those freely available on the airwaves...

6. macrumors regular

IIRC I have seen one model it's either by samsung or LG and you could pick up TV on it... drained the battery, looked ugly too! I wish i had a link...

Thank You
    MaT

7. macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

Jeez... I have one of those picture taking phones and find it rather useless (it has too many steps to do anything). I wish Sprint would research useful things like, bluetooth, better connection, higher speed-when-used-as-modem, longer battery life, cheaper service...