REALbasic Kernal Panic

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by evildead, Mar 13, 2003.

1. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

so I downloaded REALbasic5 from their website give it a test drive, and now I want to trash the files. The problem is.. I can't. When I try to trash the applications, My Mac pannics and I get the screen in 5 languages that I need to restart. Whats up with that? I tried trashing as root, loggin in and at the terminial with the same result. I oppened up permissions all the way with same result. Any one else see this before? What can I do?

Then after a few reboots, my doc settings were gone and my desktop was in disaray

2. evildead thread starter macrumors 65816

evildead

fix

The only way I could remove the files was to boot off my OS 9 partion and trash it from 9.

I wonder what happened

3. yzedf macrumors 65816

yzedf

4. caveman_uk Guest

caveman_uk

That was a helpful comment...why exactly?

There's a lot of RealBasic bashers but I'd wager a bad programmer could probably f*ck up your system just as bad if he used Cocoa/objectiveC or RealBasic.

A lot of crap stuff IS written in Realbasic but that's more a fault of the programmers than the language. For some good stuff, most of which is written in RB, have a look at www.realmacsoftware.com - It's not my stuff by the way;)

5. benjaminpg macrumors regular

I vaguely remember someone on the REALbasic Betas list describing a similar problem, but I believe it was decided it was an apple bug, not an RB bug. You can search the archives, if you still care, which I doubt you do.

http://support.realsoftware.com/listarchives/search.php

6. bobindashadows macrumors 6502

Yeah... I write in REALBasic, and my first stuff was when i was young and stupid... well.. 12. But now I only actually release software that is worth using... two points being the programs "Spork" and "Fallout 2 Survival Kit"... right now I've got something else under wraps that's almost done but I try never to release something that might look ugly or not be of any use. Unfortunately, there's stuff you can see at perversiontracker.com that's made in REALBasic that is just a disgrace. Like the first app made in REALBasic's metal theme - an app that can connect to a computer using only the Rendezvous location! Too bad it doesn't locate the rendezvous computers, and you have to find the name on the other computer :rolleyes: