Realization - iPhone storage versus MBA Storage come summer!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by musicpenguy, Jan 9, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

I thought I would share a cool realization.

I am now eligible for any iPhone upgrades and most likely will be getting the new one coming out this summer - whatever it may be.

I realized today that most likely it will have 64GB of storage - the exact same size as my Macbook Air - I think it is so wild my future phone/pocket computer will have the exact same storage capacity as my main laptop.

I could potentially mirror everything on my Mac that is on my iPhone in the future.

This is just wild :) - any thoughts as iPhones gain capacity and start to match the laptop internal drive sizes?!!

2. macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

Not likly. The time the iPhone gets revised the macBook Air will have a 256SSD.

3. macrumors 6502

Ca$hflow

Not likely. The time the iPhone gets revised the macBook Air will have a 256SSD.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know - but people upgrade their phones and mobile devices a lot more often than they do their laptops :) - at least or me

So in my case and others iPhones and pocket will begin to match and get larger than laptop SSD drives :)

5. macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Ssd should soon outpace flash the reason it's slow and small is it's new give it a while it will grow faster than current hard drives when people learn CPU's don't make apps faster.