Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ourjamie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2016
UK
Do you think they'll refresh the CPU when Intel bulk ships Kaby... I think that's sometime in the new year.

Processors that provide incredible power. And use incredibly little.

With sixth-generation Intel Core processors, MacBook Pro delivers amazing performance — even when powering through the...

I'm shocked, but that's what it says under performance. I was thinking of switching my 6th gen m5510, but I'm going to wait even longer now

bodonnell202

macrumors 68020
Jan 5, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Only 4.5 & 15W GT2 Kaby Lake (7th gen) processors are currently shipping. Since Apple uses 15W GT3, 28W GT3 and 45W i5 and i7 processors in the Macbook Pro line Apple is using the fastest Intel processors currently available in those classes. Sure, when the new 7th gen processors are available Apple will probably update eventually, but don't count on that being less than about a year from now. Kaby is really only a minor tweak to Skylake built on the same process (i.e. 14 nm) so I suspect the actual performance difference will be fairly small.

eastamherstbias

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
Yes, Kaby are not in full production for the kind that apple needs. In time yes, but not know. Put down your pitch forks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.