Really annoyed with my Mac Pro order status!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nihilisticmonk, Oct 12, 2006.

1. nihilisticmonk macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

I Ordered a mac pro on 13th September...and was told 3-4 weeks for delivery.
    No problem, It was an upfront date, and I was happy with that, it was estimated to be shipped by the 11th of October, and arrive 13th of October.
    On the 11th, by midday it hadn't shipped, so I called apple (UK).

"It'll ship today or tomorrow"

fair enough.

Today, (2PM) it still hasn't shipped, so I called again, got a customer service representative that was pretty darn clueless...

"It's gone to manufacturing, and is due for shipment, but isn't in manufacturing yet and needs to go to order fulfilment"

Or something to that garbled effect...

Now I'm being told it'll ship tomorrow...

I'm really getting cross now that I've waited a month, with my beady eye on the delivery date, and the damn thing still isn't ready to ship....

If Apples Customer services was up front, and told me there was a delay, and give me a new shipping date, that'd be fine, but I feel like I'm getting fobbed off after waiting a month for a sale that's over £2000. :mad:

I really expected better sales service than I've been given, but at the moment, it's as if no-one gives a damn.

I hate to admit it, but my cursor has moved to the "cancel order" button a couple of times now...this is doing my head in!

2. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

what did you order? (a mac pro like your title suggested?) or macbook pro (like your content suggested?)

3. bartelby macrumors Core

I waited 5 weeks for my PowerBook a couple of years back. It was frustrating but nothing worth getting worked up about.

4. nihilisticmonk thread starter macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

Mac Pro

5. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

Ouch, thats bad. Well, the other night I phoned Apple Store order number, spoke to someone, I got put on hold, then cut off... Wasnt impressed.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I think that I had a similar wait, 3-4 weeks, for my BTO 2.3GHz Power Mac G5.

7. Rickay726 macrumors 6502

Rickay726

iv learned that if you ignore it, it will come quicker.

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sadly this is easier said than done, for me anyway. Waiting for a Mac to finally be delivered to your residence is one the hardest things to do. ;) :D

9. nihilisticmonk thread starter macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

Definately,

I've not got an email yet, but I've just checked the apple site, and it's shipped!

It's shipping from Cork via Kuhne & Nagel Spedition s.a r. apparently, but annoyingly the delivery date states 22 Oct 2006 Subject to change (And that'd better bloody be subject to change :) )

Now it's actually shipped, the real waiting game can commence :)

10. ascender macrumors 68000

And here is a detailed tracking site which will give you all the info you need.

http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/

11. nihilisticmonk thread starter macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

Gratz for that!

Works brilliantly, and has an "ETA" on the current two updates of tomorrow!
    Hopefully it won't take too long to get here after all!

12. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Well, that is at least positive news. :)

13. phuong macrumors 6502a

may i ask what your MP specs are? how come it takes 1 month to assemble?
    after i placed my order, it took only 1 week to arrive at my door. and that was same day right o way, not fedex.

14. nihilisticmonk thread starter macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

Sure,

I ordered the base model, but added an extra 1gb of ram, the Bluetooth and Wifi modules, Bluetooth Keyboard & Mighty Mouse, and the ATI XT1900 Graphics card.

It's my guess that they must have been completely out of stock of the bluetooth/wifi modules, or the graphics card, and this slowed the order down considerably.

Out of curiosity, I built another macpro at the apple store, and rather than the 3-4 weeks it showed when I ordered, it now states 3 days for an identical BTO spec now

15. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

I'm curious... what can this not do Dual 2.5Ghz Powermac. 3.5GB Ram, X800 Graphics, that the Mac Pro will since you'll only have 2gig of insanely pricey Mac Pro mem? :)

Or are you just keeping your options open for both architecture's?

16. nihilisticmonk thread starter macrumors 6502

nihilisticmonk

The temptation of windows gaming is alas...just too much!

Plus, the pro apps I use have converted, aperture apparently gets a pretty large boost off the intel architechture as well! And I'm sure 2 gb would be sufficent.

4 internal drives will be a godsend also!

I have tried to sell the powermac but they mustn't be too popular any more, because I've tried to no avail to sell the thing for £900 on this forum and through several mac magazines with no responses :rolleyes: So, If I can get away with it to my Chief Financial Officer (Wife), I may keep both :D or probably ebay it with no/low reserve...

17. vohdoun macrumors 65816

vohdoun

mmm. Indeed, not needing 2 PC's is nice. OS X and XP on one machine. Yeah 2GB mem is more than enough for gaming and such, even for everything cranked up for full eye candy.
    I always keep forgetting about the crippling 2 HDD bays.

Think of the PowerMac G5 as a collectors edition. ;)

18. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Well i ordered a MB and Apple canceled it after 23 days of waiting when it was meant to take 8 days to arrive. I was furious at that.