Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xiaoyu04

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Merced, CA
I am really close to purchasing a MB, however, I still need to figure out how to sell/get rid of my sony s380 so I actually have money to do so. Also, I keep hearing about possible revisions coming up soon, specifically fixing the RSS problems and a small change in the logic board. So should I wait or what? I really want to wait for revision 2, but how long is that going to take?

kettle

macrumors 65816
xiaoyu04 said:
I am really close to purchasing a MB, however, I still need to figure out how to sell/get rid of my sony s380 so I actually have money to do so. Also, I keep hearing about possible revisions coming up soon, specifically fixing the RSS problems and a small change in the logic board. So should I wait or what? I really want to wait for revision 2, but how long is that going to take?

I hid my P.C. behind the sofa and haven't checked on it in weeks.

how's your contents insurance?

xiaoyu04

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Merced, CA
kettle said:
I hid my P.C. behind the sofa and haven't checked on it in weeks.

how's your contents insurance?

What do you mean by content insurance? if you mean warranty I'm not sure since the laptop is one year old. But I still have the manuals and and power cable provided by sony.

kettle

macrumors 65816
xiaoyu04 said:
What do you mean by content insurance? if you mean warranty I'm not sure since the laptop is one year old. But I still have the manuals and and power cable provided by sony.

I think I'm saying that perhaps a forum frequented by people looking for predominantly "P.C." type hardware would be more useful. You say sell or get "rid" of. I wondered if it were stolen, then perhaps home & content insurance would balance the equation and allow you to buy the MB.

...actually I'm deliberately wasting your time.

...except that perhaps in May when the 15.4" MB will be released you may see substantial revision to the mother board.

How is an RSS problem a hardware problem, that sounds strange?

about as much use as a Cliff Ghast.

xiaoyu04

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Merced, CA
I heard about the cause of RSS to be a problem with the SMC wire being shorted out by an expanding heatsink due to heat, which would be a hardware issue not entirely software. However, I'm not entirely sure...

Oh, btw, I wasn't trying to sell anything here, just asking whether this is a good time to buy or not.

Is it going to take until may of 07' for a revision...seriously?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Supposedly, they have already improved the Macbook's hardware silently, mine is cool enough to sit on my knee, and works pretty much perfectly (I bought it in September), I have also heard on this forum that they have rev B'd the design already. I'd buy it now if you need/want it, they are very fast computers.

xiaoyu04

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2006
Merced, CA
so those horror stories I see in the SMC update post don't apply to the newer week MB's? Because I will be doing presentations on this and I can't have loud fan, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.