REALLY dense iTunes question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by eclipse, Nov 9, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Hi all,
    I'm embarrassed to ask but... how do I quickly get the original URL of an iTunes podcast I found cool, so I can refer to it in my blog? There simply must be some quick click thingemiewhatsit for this.

:eek::eek:

Sorry

2. macrumors 65816

chaos86

the (i) at the end of the description.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

That's interesting because Scientific American podcast "Science Talk" does this...
    No ref to the actual podcast episode url though. Is the "i" a voluntary thing for subscribers to choose to put up?

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Ahah! Just noticed another podcast I get with the url under the heading... thanks. Might be a SCIAM idiosyncrasy. Thanks for the help.

5. macrumors 65816

chaos86

for me (itunes 7.4.2) it shows the title, then URL in a grey area at the top of the mini-window, then the full description written by the publisher.

6. macrumors 65816

chaos86

oh, use the (i) on the podcast itself, not on an epsiode.

7. macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

If you want to link to the podcast in iTunes (i.E. have iTunes open when you click on it), you can just drag the podcast from the iTMS to your text/html editor and it should paste the link.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Ohhohhhohhh.... sounds like what I want.

What exactly do you mean by iTMS... because I'm trying to drag this podcast from the iTunes window out to various text editors and NeoOffice and even stickies, and the url just isn't appearing.

9. macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

iTMS==iTunes Store (Sorry, used to typing "Music" store!). If the podcast is on your computer obviosuly it won't link. Just find the podcast in the iTunes store.

I just tested this in text edit...drag the link from iTunes to the textedit window and it automatically creates a hyperlink.

Another way (easier, should have thought of this first): Right click on the podcast in the iTunes store and it will say "copy iTunes Store URL" You can select this to copy the URL and paste into whatever.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse

Cheers... good stuff, easy peasy... I knew it was a :eek::eek::eek::p sort of question. Few!