really, im starting to get mad at apple...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by johnnywest, Mar 5, 2007.

1. johnnywest macrumors newbie

well i ordered my macbook friday feb 23rd and payed for 2 day shipping, at first everything looked ok and it said latest it would be here was march 1st, well march 1st comes along and no macbook, and then on my order status they bumped everything up a week, and now it says latest i will get it is march 10th. well ive been tracking on fedex and was excited to see my shipment was in LA (i live in sandiego area) and now i looked this morning, and all of this sudden its in indiana? can some one tell me why?

heres what it looks like

Mar 5, 2007 10:03 AM

Int'l shipment release

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Mar 3, 2007 6:18 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

LOS ANGELES, CA

4:24 PM

Departed FedEx location

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

2:24 AM

In transit

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

12:20 AM

INDIANAPOLIS, IN

Mar 2, 2007 2:05 PM

Departed FedEx location

ANCHORAGE, AK

1:16 PM

ANCHORAGE, AK

2:38 PM

Picked up

SHANGHAI CN

Package received after FedEx cutoff

2:38 PM

Left origin

SHANGHAI CN

12:23 PM

Package data transmitted to FedEx

2. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Would it not make more sense to get mad at FedEx?

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Our macbooks are well traveled......mine was on a dock in china for 2 weeks....

4. johnnywest thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess im just irritated, ive searched google and it seems like this has happened to numerous apple customers. bleh :(

5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

It's the whim of international shipping. My iMac was delayed a few times, was stuck in Shanghai for a while then turned up a week earlier than it was supposed to.

Nothing you, or Apple, can do. Go read a book or something.

6. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

It happens, also don't trust the fedex scans they are very wrong sometimes.

Call Apple and get your shipping back. They shouldn't say no, since it has been nearly 2 weeks since you ordered... I think that will make you happy.

7. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

If you live in UK. Stuff gets shipped over from China. Lands in Ireland. Goes to Holland then the UK. It flies over the UK twice before actually landing in UK. :confused:

Also you have paid for 2 day 'shipping' not delivery. I take that to mean that they shipped it within two days of your order. How long it actually takes to get to you is something different.

Thats ho i see it anyway.

8. suneohair macrumors 68020

suneohair

That is just the way it goes, sounds like it has to hit those spots before coming to you. I have had that happen here in the states.

some advice: watching the tracking information will not make it come faster.

9. awgoo macrumors member

that's messed up

yeah, if i were you i'd be calling apple right now and tell them that you paid for second day air and it's been a week and still no mb. you should demand that they waive the second day shipping charge and then ask them what they will do to fix this. (ie...overnight a mb with your specifications for free, ask them to give you a discount on your order, or see if they will throw in a free case or something like that.) if you really let them know that you are not a "satisfied" customer and you aren't happy with this whole situation, then i'm sure they'll do something to make you a ":D " customer. let me know how things work out.

10. johnnywest thread starter macrumors newbie

after i recieve it im planning on doing this. i guess im just so used to places shipping out of california (newegg, zipzoom etc) that i expect packages to be here earlier than it says.

11. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

Why wait until after you've received it? I'd call and complain about the shipping now while you still don't have it. You might not have as much of a case once the computer is in your hands...

12. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

Apple will credit you for the 2 day if you ordered it... you may want to call now, as you still don't have it. They'll probably also hook you up with at least $50 credit. Accept no less, as that's what I received on a late 2 day shipment on a MB.

13. awgoo macrumors member

i looked online and added a mb to my cart and when i chose the second day air shipping option it states:
    "2 Business Days (after shipping)"

i take that as once it left shanghai, you should have received it within two business days. even if fedex is the one to blame and they screwed up, you still call apple and complain, let apple make it right with you, and let apple deal with fedex.

just like epochblue said, i'd call apple now while you still don't have it. if you call them once you've received it, they'll probably just apologize for it arriving late and that's it. here's your chance at saving some $$ or getting something for free. don't wait any longer. i'd call today.

14. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Once it leaves Apple's hands (aka leaves the manufacturing plant in China), it's all FedEx all the time. Stop blaming Apple for your shipping woes. Last time I checked Apple makes computers, iPods, the iPhone and various other goodies, they ARE NOT in the shipping business.

15. bananaquit macrumors member

Hmmm...if FedEx is going to reveal their apparent goofyness to customers maybe they owe an explanation (?) I agree that watching tracking information doesn't make waiting easier, but I'm waiting too and I can't resist a peek now and then as well.

16. awgoo macrumors member

i agree with you to a certain extent. yes, apple can't control fedex's mistakes. however, any business who makes a deal to use a freight/shipping company to deliver their product expects that to happen. and that's one reason why apple has a customer service department. apple needs to be made aware when fedex is slacking off. that way apple can call whoever it is they call at fedex and let them know to get their act together so this doesn't happen to everyone else.

17. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

If it left Shanghai on March 2nd, Fedex has until March 6th to deliver it. That would be two business days. March 3rd and 4th don't count since they are not business days (being Saturday and Sunday). One business day later would be March 5th and two business days later is March 6th. Oh, and you do know that you wouldn't get it two days after you ordered it, correct?

18. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

All the phone calls in the world won't do anything except maybe get your shipping money back. I'm sure Apple knows how dissatisfied people are when it comes to FedEx, but obviously it's not going to change. Apple has a great deal worked out with FedEx and it'll take more than a few phone calls for that to change. In the meantime, I suggest go grabbing yourself a nicely tossed salad with your favorite dressing on it. Mmmmm, the possibilites are endless!

19. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

Isn't That worth a call?

Wow - thanks for letting us know you are an experienced salad tosser!:eek:

20. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I know that FedEx, UPS etc seem to suck ass at getting stuff to us on time. But if you really think about the logistics of sending a package across the globe to arrive elsewhere within 2 days it is quite amazing.

The package cannot stop moving to be able to achieve that. But how many times are flights cancelled because of bad weather etc. If a flight is cancelled then your package will be late because it needs to be constantly moving. Thats not including the other multitude of factors that could affect delivery on time. Missing packages, labels coming off, damage to packages, plane crashes, diversions, truck break down, staff shortages and so on.

Yes it is annoying when you dont get something straight away but I think we should really cut them a bit of slack sometimes. After all most of the time we do get stuff on time.

No I dont work for a courier service :D I just appreciate the effort of their job.

:)

That being said If i receive damaged goods im gonna kick some ass.

21. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Now, now I hope you didn't mean to offend anybody with that last comment. You're treading on thin ice with that one.

22. coachingguy macrumors 6502a

coachingguy

This probably won't help...

I ordered a Macbook last Wednesday and I got it today.:D I'm surprised yours came from Shanghi, mine shipped from Bartlett, TN.

I'd definitely be P.O.'d if I paid for 2 day delivery and it was two weeks later before I received it. Did you do BTO?

Anyways, Good luck!

Coachingguy

23. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Just out of curiosity, is your Macbook a stock model or did you opt for a build to order? If it's the latter, then that's the likely reason why your shipment was pushed back. Hope you get your Macbook today or tomorrow. Yeah, I know the suspense can kill. :)

24. deputy_doofy macrumors 65816

deputy_doofy

Funny. I work for a mail order business and you'd be surprised how many customers get angry at us because FedEx/UPS had some kind of delay or exception.
    I hate customers.